This article outlines how to pair and manage your printer.
You won’t need the Brother instruction book, just follow along with these steps.
5. Plug the black power cord into the printer and a power socket.
6. Press the power button to turn on the printer. Make sure the green status light comes on.
7. Use the [▲], [▼] and [OK] buttons to set your language, the time and date as prompted.
8. If you’re not already on the main screen, navigate there now using [↩] button.
9. Press the [Menu] button.
10. Use the [▲] and [▼] buttons to select WLAN > WLAN (On/Off) > On in the settings menu. Press [OK].
11. Use the [▲] and [▼] buttons to select WLAN > Infra Manual Setting in the settings menu. Press [OK].
• Your printer will search for available Wi-Fi networks. Remember, your printer and iPad will be on the same network.
• Note: The Brother printer only supports connections to 2.4 GHz wireless band. If you are using a dual-band router, your iPad(s) can remain connected to the 5 GHz band and your printer can connect to the 2.4 GHz band.
12. Use the [▲] and [▼] buttons to select your desired network. Press OK.
13. Provide your password.
14. Look at the top right of the screen. Press [Menu] to switch between uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols.
15. Use the [▲] and [▼] buttons to select the correct characters.
• If it connects, it will say “Connected!” Press [OK].
• If it does not connect, repeat steps 9 through 14.
16. Press the [↩] button to return to the main screen. You should see the Wi-Fi icon in the top right.